BD is a leading global medical technology company that creates medical technology, devices and laboratory equipment for a variety of needs across the healthcare continuum. At BD, we are looking for candidates who possess passion, innovative solutions and a commitment to our one mission of improving access to groundbreaking medical and biotechnology services for people near and far, delivering state-of-the-art technology and cutting-edge research in the battle to fight and cure infectious diseases. With a global reach that extends across 50 countries worldwide, our network of professionals collaborates on effective measures to deliver enhanced patient quality such as lower health care delivery costs, improved health care and safety, and expanded health care for all. Join our company and see how you can become a part of one global mission to make a difference in human health
Job Title: Graduate Engineer Trainee
Reports To: BD-TCI Sustaining Engineering R&D Manager
- R&D Core team member on sustaining engineering projects with technical ownership of R&D deliverables and leading technicians. Projects include, but are not limited to, supporting Peripheral IV Catheter product lines, supply chain, and operations.
- Identify the best tools and approaches to effectively solve engineering problems to develop/optimize designs by leveraging appropriate mix of first principles / analytical, computational and experimental methods.
- Ensure implementation and rigor of design control best practices with compliance to BD quality policies and procedures through appropriate communication, training, and education of sound quality assurance principals.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Quality systems processes: Ensure implementation of quality systems processes including design controls and change control.
- Project management: Be accountable for timely delivery of project deliverable for which is responsible as specified in the project plans.
- Stakeholder Management: Identify project stake holders, establish and monitor stakeholder engagement
- Technology transfer: Ensure efficient and effective transition from research to development to manufacturing in locations throughout the world
- Process effectiveness: Ensure appropriate processes are followed for effective and timely engagement of other parts of the company in project activities.
- Innovation: Develop and apply innovative approaches to ensure best outcomes in all aspects of the role. Support an environment in which innovation can flourish through empowerment, encouragement, and support.Organizational Development:
- Proactively develop, maintain & share technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up to date on current trends and best practices.
- Develop and apply innovative approaches to ensure the effective capture, retention and communication of technical and project knowledge generated (tacit & implicit).
- Responsible for developing and implementing critical component changes for high volume, disposable medical devices.
- Influence others: Demonstrate strong persuasion and timing skills. Remain open to be persuaded when appropriate.
- Inclusive work environment: Promote and leverage diversity to achieve best outcomes.
- Leadership courage: Demonstrate and promote leadership courage by doing what is right. Engage those who disagree to persuade or be persuaded. Instill confidence in associates and customers.
- Dealing with ambiguity: Demonstrate agility and action orientation when facing change and uncertainty. Effectively manage change and instill confidence.
- Analyze design solutions using engineering first principles and advanced engineering methods
- Write detailed technical reports based on design verification analysis/testing for design changes and product design activities
- Develop and execute test methods which specify measurement equipment, test set-up, measurement systems analysis, and data analysis
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical judgment.
- Team orientation.
- Broad and deep understanding of disciplined change control processes, regulatory, and quality requirements.
- Strong motivational fit.
- Strong fit with BD values.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
Primary Work Location
IND Bangalore – Technology Campus
Apply Link: Click here